Monday, July 9, 2012

Simple Guacamole

Have any of you had a song that hits you so bad you start crying? A song that makes your heart melt over and over and you can't do anything about it because every time it plays you think of your past. A song that brings back the bad memories and puts it all into a few simple lyrics but explains the situation perfectly? 

Well I do. It's Miss Invisible by Marie Digby. 

Always brings me back to my horrible lonely past. I'm just glad that I'm not that person anymore. Finally broke out of my sad shell. I remember when I first heard it, I had to keep listening to it to register what the words meant in my silly mind. Then I knew. Every time I hear it I feel like I stepped on a time bomb that's been ready to explode. But I'm really glad that I went through that. There's always a time in your life that you feel like you hit rock bottom. The only thing to do is get back up at try your best to climb. I wouldn't be the person I am today if bad things didn't happen to me. The best you can do is be ready for it when it comes. 


On a lighter note, let's talk Guacamole. I always thought that was a fun word to say. I've only eaten guacamole when I got the vegetarian at Chipotle since it comes with it and at a couple Mexican restaurants. This guacamole recipe is excellent and very simple. Definitely something I would keep making, especially for 7 layer dips! 


I used Alton Brown's recipe! The only complaint is that the lime may be a bit overpowering. Watch how much you put in and alter it to your liking.

Guacamole:

Ingredients:
3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced

Directions:
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment